Translational medicine is driving an evolution in sample management as well as the value of specimens for future use. As such, specimens are highly strategic assets and biorepositories must be ‘research-speedy’ to meet requests within your expected turnaround time and with the appropriate level of quality. Additionally, biorepositories are a critical component of any clinical study—our goal is to provide our sponsors with the best possible facilities, processes and subject matter expertise.
Medpace provides biorepository services at all four of our central laboratory global locations. Our biorepositories offer Sponsors distinct advantages with a spectrum of capabilities applicable to clinical programs and biomaterial storage projects. That means our focus is on comprehensive sample management solutions and not just storage.
Expanded Global Biorepository Services
Our level of service is different from a typical commercial storage repository
Medpace has global full-service central laboratory operations at its headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio and globally in Belgium, China and Singapore. At each site, we have an integrated biorepository with sample management and processing capabilities, but the level of service is different from a typical commercial storage repository. Medpace’s global biorepository service is managed by a field-recognized, subject matter expert with practical specimen science and clinical experience. Our spectrum of capabilities is applicable from early through late phase clinical programs and we ensure integrity through the specimen life cycle using evidence-based processes and developing client-specific procedures.
Below, we highlight some of the key investments we have made in each of our global biorepositories to support your sample management and storage needs around the world.
- Storage capacity has been expanded to over five million samples. The facility expansion to 11,000 square feet was completed during the second quarter of 2017.
- Cryogenic storage (vapor LN2) capabilities using a continuous bulk nitrogen supply, which is perfect for maintaining the viability of your critical biomaterials. We have proficiency with cryogenics to ensure integrity of critical specimens using cryoshippers and (LN2) Cryocart for managing critical specimens safely at cryogenic temperatures.
- Full breadth of sample storage: Sample management expertise for receiving and shipping a variety of specimens at any temperature condition (e.g., ambient to -196℃).
- If your specimens require additional processing (e.g., aliquotting, card spotting, peripheral blood separation, etc) we can accommodate your needs upstream prior to testing or storage.
- CAP accredited since 2016
- The Belgium biorepository expansion is planned for completion by the summer of 2019.
- The space will be 8,000 square feet and provide an additional storage capacity for more than two million samples.
- This biorepository facility supports specimen storage down to cryogenic temperatures and cryogenic shipping capabilities using cryoshippers.
- Sample management and storage areas are expandable to support sponsor growth.
Singapore and China
Both facilities provide specimen storage conditions appropriate for sponsors and can expand capabilities as needed.
Medpace Biorepository Highlights
Medpace’s biorepositories are regulated facilities that follow the guidance from CAP, WHO GCP, GCLP, ISBER and NCI best practices and functions with the level of compliance for services spanning the clinical trial continuum (e.g., proof of concept/early phase through later clinical phase). Our global biorepository staff and project coordinators have managed all types of critical specimens and have extensive clinical trial experience. For more information about our capabilities, you can visit our biorepository services page on our website or email us at email@example.com.